The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 54th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 55th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2021.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
In this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. "Boycott" means engaging in a refusal to deal, terminating business activities or performing other actions that are intended to limit commercial relations with entities doing business in Israel or in territories controlled by Israel, if those actions are taken either:
(a) Based in part on the fact that the entity does business in Israel or in territories controlled by Israel.
(b) In a manner that discriminates on the basis of nationality, national origin or religion and that is not based on a valid business reason.
2. "Company" means an organization, association, corporation, partnership, joint venture, limited partnership, limited liability partnership, limited liability company or other entity or business association, including a wholly owned subsidiary, majority-owned subsidiary, parent company or affiliate, that engages in for-profit activity and that has ten or more full-time employees.
3. "Direct holdings" means all publicly traded securities of a company that are held directly by the state treasurer or a retirement system in an actively managed account or fund in which the retirement system owns all shares or interests.
4. "Indirect holdings" means all securities of a company that are held in an account or fund, including a mutual fund, that is managed by one or more persons who are not employed by the state treasurer or a retirement system, if the state treasurer or retirement system owns shares or interests either:
(a) Together with other investors that are not subject to this section.
(b) That are held in an index fund.
5. "Public entity" means this state, a political subdivision of this state or an agency, board, commission or department of this state or a political subdivision of this state.
6. "Public fund" means the state treasurer or a retirement system.
7. "Restricted companies" means companies that boycott Israel.
8. "Retirement system" means a retirement plan or system that is established by or pursuant to title 38.