The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 54th Legislature, 1st Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 54th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session, which convenes in January 2020.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
9-462 - Definitions; general provisions concerning evidence
9-462. Definitions; general provisions concerning evidence
A. In this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. "Board of adjustment" means the official body designated by local ordinance to hear and decide applications for variances from the terms of the zoning ordinance and appeals from the decision of the zoning administrator.
2. "Municipal" or "municipality" means an incorporated city or town.
3. "Planning agency" means the official body designated by local ordinance to carry out the purposes of this article and may be a planning department, a planning commission, a hearing officer, the legislative body itself or any combination thereof.
4. "Zoning administrator" means the official responsible for enforcement of the zoning ordinance.
5. "Zoning ordinance" means a municipal ordinance regulating the use of the land or structures, or both, as provided in this article.
B. Formal rules of evidence or procedure which must be followed in court shall not be applied in zoning matters, except to the extent that a municipality may provide therefor.