The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 55th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 56th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2023.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
36-1805. Annual reports; hearing
A. The department shall develop reporting requirements for each institution of higher education and health care institution participating in the Arizona nurse education investment program. The administration shall develop reporting requirements for the student nurse clinical rotation and licensed or certified nurse training program, and the licensed registered nurse transition to practice program. On or before December 31, 2023 and each December 31 thereafter, the department and administration shall provide a report to the governor, the president of the senate, the speaker of the house of representatives and the chairpersons of the health and human services committees of the senate and the house of representatives, or their successor committees, and shall provide a copy of the report to the secretary of state. Each report shall include or address the following:
1. The number of participating entities and who participated in each program.
2. The number of nurses who completed each educational and clinical training program.
3. The measurements developed by the department or administration on the expansion of the statewide health care workforce and retention rates of health care institutions.
4. The expansion of university and community college programs, including the number of additional nursing students in each educational program.
5. The number of new nurse preceptors at each health care institution, the number of students and licensed or certified nurses trained by the expansion of preceptors at each health care institution and the turnover rate of licensed or certified nurses within one year of hiring at each health care institution.
6. The number and identity of health care institutions and the number of nurses participating at each health care institution in the licensed registered nurse transition to practice program and the turnover rate of licensed registered nurses within one year of hiring at each participating health care institution.
7. Any other benchmarking and outcome reports developed by the department to measure the effectiveness of the programs established pursuant to this chapter.
B. The health and human services committees of the house of representatives and the senate, or their successor committees, shall conduct a hearing to review the reports.