The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 55th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 56th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2023.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
A. Testing for sickle cell anemia may be conducted at the following times by the department of health services:
1. Upon first enrollment of a child in an elementary school in this state.
2. For any child not tested pursuant to paragraph 1, upon first enrollment at a junior high school or senior high school in this state, as the case may be.
3. Upon application of any person for a license to marry, the parties seeking to be married may be tested.
4. For any pregnant woman.
B. The department of health services may require that a test be given for sickle cell anemia to any identifiable segment of the population which the department determines is susceptible to sickle cell anemia at a disproportionately higher ratio than is the balance of the population.
C. Testing for sickle cell anemia may not be conducted without the consent of the:
1. Person upon whom the test is to be conducted.
2. Parent or guardian of a minor upon whom the test is to be conducted.