The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 56th Legislature, 1st Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 56th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session, which convenes in January 2024.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
In this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. "Assessment" means the amount a private postsecondary education institution is required to pay to the student tuition recovery fund.
2. "Ceasing operations" means that a private postsecondary education institution has stopped offering educational courses or programs to the public for any reason.
3. "Distance learning instruction" means a written correspondence or online education program for students who are enrolled in an institution licensed under this chapter.
4. "Fund" means the student tuition recovery fund.
5. "Newly enrolled student" means a student who is enrolling with a private postsecondary education institution for the first time.
6. "Person injured" means a student of a private postsecondary education institution that charges prepaid tuition to a student who is damaged monetarily by the institution ceasing operations before fulfilling its contractual obligations or fully providing the services that were paid for in advance. Person injured does not include a nonresident student who is eligible to claim for recovery under a student tuition recovery fund or similar fund in the student's state of residence.
7. "Prepaid tuition" means monies that are advanced to an educational institution before the educational institution provides its service.
8. "Private postsecondary education institution" or "institution" means an educational institution that is subject to licensure under this chapter.
9. "Total course cost" means the tuition and other fees that are charged by the private postsecondary education institution for each course offered.