The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 55th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 56th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2023.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
A. To be filed by the commission pursuant to this chapter, a record must be received by the commission, comply with this chapter and satisfy the following:
1. The filing of the record must be required or allowed by this chapter.
2. The record must be physically delivered in written form unless the commission allows electronic delivery of records. If the commission allows electronic delivery of records, the records may be electronically delivered only to the extent the commission allows.
3. The words in the record must be in English and numbers must be in Arabic or Roman numerals, but the name of an entity is not required to be in English if the name is written in English letters or Arabic or Roman numerals.
4. The record must be signed by a person authorized or required under this chapter to sign the record.
5. The record must state the name and capacity, if any, of each individual who signed it, either on behalf of the individual or the person authorized or required to sign the record, but is not required to contain a seal, attestation, acknowledgment or verification.
B. If a law other than this chapter prohibits the disclosure by the commission of information contained in a record delivered to the commission for filing, the commission shall file the record if the record otherwise complies with this chapter but may redact the information.
C. When a record is delivered to the commission for filing, any fee or penalty required to be paid under this chapter must be paid in a manner allowed by the commission.
D. The commission may require that a record delivered in written form be accompanied by an identical or conformed copy.
E. The commission may provide forms for filings required or allowed to be made by this chapter, but, except as otherwise provided in subsection F of this section, their use is not required.
F. The commission may require that a cover sheet for a filing be on a form prescribed by the commission.