The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 54th Legislature, 1st Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 54th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session, which convenes in January 2020.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
A. The five year transportation facilities construction program shall:
1. Set forth estimated expenditures by project for engineering, rights-of-way and construction.
2. Include detailed information by project as to location, description and the reasons for the project's assigned priority.
3. List projects by priority and group them in the fiscal year during which it is estimated construction can begin.
4. For the first year of the program, consist of projects that can with reasonable certainty be advertised for public bidding.
5. Include a plan for the use of monies expected to be deposited in a county's regional area road fund as provided in chapter 17, article 1 of this title.
6. Include a plan for the use of monies that are expected to accrue in a county's regional transportation fund as provided in section 48-5310, that are dedicated for street and highway purposes and that are in the state highway system.
B. The department shall develop and use detailed criteria designed to meet the transportation system performance measures adopted by the board pursuant to section 28-304 in identifying projects for the five year transportation facilities construction program. The project selection process shall also conform to state and regional growth policies.