The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 53rd Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 54th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2019.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
28-6743 - County highway commission powers and duties
28-6743. County highway commission powers and duties
A. The county highway commission shall:
1. Investigate situations with respect to highways that in the board's judgment the greatest public necessity and convenience require highways to be constructed or improved.
2. Prepare a map of the highways that shows the location of, condition of, connections of and other information about the highways.
3. Determine which of the public highways should be improved with monies derived from the sale of the bonds to be authorized and sold.
4. Determine the kind of improvements that should be made.
5. Procure an estimate of the cost of the improvement.
B. The county highway commission may employ an engineer. At least twenty days before the day appointed for the election, the county highway commission shall report to the board of supervisors. At least two weeks before the election the board of supervisors shall publish the report six times in a daily newspaper or twice in a weekly newspaper in the county.
C. The call for the election shall be limited to the construction and improvement of the public highways that are included in the report and maps prepared by the county highway commission.