The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 53rd Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 54th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2019.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
This article does not apply to the owner or operator of any:
1. Farm tractor.
2. Trailer used solely in the operation of a farm for transporting the unprocessed fiber or forage products of a farm or an implement of husbandry designed primarily for or used in agricultural operations and only incidentally operated or moved on a highway.
3. Road-roller or road machinery, including a power sweeper, temporarily operating or moved on the highway.
4. Trailer not used for commercial purposes or semitrailer not used for commercial purposes.
5. Motor vehicle rented without a driver that meets the requirements of section 28-2166.
6. Motor vehicle registered pursuant to section 28-2154.
7. Motor vehicle owned by the United States government.
8. Golf cart used in the operation of a golf course or only incidentally operated or moved on a highway.
9. All-terrain vehicle or off-road recreational motor vehicle operating on a dirt road that is located in an unincorporated area of this state. For the purposes of this paragraph, "dirt road" means an unpaved or ungraveled road that is not maintained by this state or a city, town or county of this state.
10. Off-highway vehicle participating in an off-highway vehicle special event as defined in section 28-1171.