The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 53rd Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 54th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2019.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
28-2006 - Contract to transfer duties and responsibilities
28-2006. Contract to transfer duties and responsibilities
A. The director and a county board of supervisors may contract to provide for the transfer of the duties and responsibilities of the county assessor pursuant to this title to the department.
B. The agreement shall provide for the following:
1. The purchase and conveyance of real property presently used, subject to available monies.
2. The transfer and payment of personal property presently used.
3. The employment of persons presently employed by the county if the employees desire the transfer.
4. The effective date of the transfer.
5. The amount of monies in the county assessor's special registration fund established pursuant to section 28-2005 that will be transferred, if any.
C. On the agreement's effective date, the department assumes all of the powers, duties and responsibilities of the county assessor pursuant to this title.
D. The department of administration shall transfer into the state service on a noncompetitive basis a permanent county employee who is affected by the agreement authorized by this section and who desires to be transferred to state employment. If the employee has not successfully completed six months' related experience, the employee shall serve a ninety day probationary period in the state service.