The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 53rd Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 54th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2019.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
28-1178 - Operation of off-highway vehicles; exceptions
28-1178. Operation of off-highway vehicles; exceptions
A person may operate an all-terrain vehicle or an off-highway vehicle in this state without a resident or nonresident off-highway vehicle user indicia issued pursuant to section 28-1177 if any of the following applies:
1. The person is participating in an off-highway special event.
2. The person is operating an all-terrain vehicle or an off-highway vehicle on private land.
3. The person is loading or unloading an all-terrain vehicle or an off-highway vehicle from a vehicle.
4. During a period of emergency or if the operation is directed by a peace officer or other public authority.
5. The vehicle displays a valid dealer license plate that the department issues pursuant to section 28-4533.