The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 54th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 55th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2021.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
A. A bicycle safety fund is established. The department shall administer the fund. The fund consists of monies received from:
1. The federal government or any agency of the federal government for any purpose authorized by this section.
3. This state or any agency of this state for any purpose authorized by this section.
B. The department:
1. May designate monies deposited in the bicycle safety fund for use only for specified purposes consistent with this section and only for use in specified political subdivisions of this state.
2. Shall spend monies contributed by a political subdivision to the bicycle safety fund and any donation to the fund designated for use in a political subdivision and any matching monies deposited in the fund as a result of the contribution or donation only for use in the political subdivision.
3. Shall only spend monies from the bicycle safety fund as follows:
(a) For planning, engineering, constructing and maintaining bicycle paths and bicycle lanes.
(b) As matching monies to be used with federal or local monies spent for planning, engineering, constructing or maintaining bicycle paths and bicycle lanes.
(c) As matching monies to be used with federal or local monies spent for planning and implementing safety programs.
C. Monies in the bicycle safety fund are exempt from the provisions of section 35-190 relating to lapsing of appropriations. The department may spend monies in the fund for purposes authorized by this section subject to legislative appropriation.