The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 54th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 55th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2021.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
In this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. "Bulk records" means multiple records that are retrieved collectively from the department's database as a result of a single request. Bulk records does not include retrieving one record at a time from a single request.
2. "Duplicate" means a counterpart produced by any of the following:
(a) The same impression or from the same matrix as the original.
(b) Means of photography, including enlargements and miniatures.
(c) Mechanical or electronic rerecording.
(d) Chemical reproduction.
(e) Any other equivalent technique that accurately reproduces the original.
3. "Electronic signature" means an electronic sound, symbol or process attached to or logically associated with a document and executed or adopted by a person with the intent to sign the document.
4. "Express consent" means consent in writing, including consent that is conveyed electronically and that bears an electronic signature.
5. "Highly restricted personal information" means an individual's photograph or image, social security number and medical or disability information.
6. "Insurance support organization" has the same meaning prescribed in section 20-2102.
7. "Medical or disability information" means a restriction or medical code placed on a person's motor vehicle record pursuant to section 28-3159, subsection A, paragraph 1 or section 28-3167.
8. "Motor vehicle record" means any record that pertains to a driver license or permit, vehicle registration, vehicle title or identification document issued by the department or its duly authorized third parties, agents or contractors that are authorized to issue any of those documents.
9. "Opt in" means a customer of the department has provided express consent to the department to allow the release of the customer's personal information, including highly restricted personal information, in a form prescribed by the director.
(a) Of a record means the record itself or any counterpart intended to have the same effect by the person executing or issuing it.
(b) Of a photograph means the negative or a print from the negative.
(c) Of data stored in a computer or similar device means a printout or other output that is readable by sight and that is shown to reflect the data accurately.
11. "Personal information" means information that identifies an individual and that includes an individual's photograph, social security number, driver identification number, name, address, telephone number and medical or disability information. Personal information does not include an individual's five digit zip code and information about vehicular accidents, driving violations and driver status.
12. "Photographs" includes still photographs, x-ray films, videotapes, motion pictures and digitized electronic images.
13. "Records" has the same meaning prescribed in section 41-151.18.
14. "Vehicle history report" means a report that is developed to track the registration and total loss history of a particular vehicle and includes odometer readings and brand codes, title brand codes and any related vehicle data. Vehicle history report does not include names and addresses.