The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 53rd Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 54th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2019.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
16-152. Registration form
(Caution: 1998 Prop. 105 applies)
A. The form used for the registration of electors shall contain:
1. The date the registrant signed the form.
2. The registrant's given name, middle name, if any, and surname.
3. The complete address of the registrant's actual place of residence, including street name and number, apartment or space number, city or town and zip code, or such description of the location of the residence that it can be readily ascertained or identified.
4. The registrant's complete mailing address, if different from the residence address, including post office address, city or town, zip code or other designation used by the registrant for receiving mail. The form shall also include a line for the registrant's e-mail address (optional to registrant).
5. The registrant's party preference. The two largest political parties that are entitled to continued representation on the ballot shall be listed on the form in the order determined by calculating which party has the highest number of registered voters at the close of registration for the most recent general election for governor, then the second highest. The form shall allow the registrant to circle, check or otherwise mark the party preference and shall include a blank line for other party preference options.
6. The registrant's telephone number, unless unlisted.
7. The registrant's state or country of birth.
8. The registrant's date of birth.
9. The registrant's occupation.
10. The registrant's Indian census number (optional to registrant).
11. The registrant's father's name or mother's maiden name.
12. One of the following identifiers for each registrant:
(a) The Arizona driver license number of the registrant or nonoperating identification license number of the registrant that is issued pursuant to section 28-3165.
(b) If the registrant does not have an Arizona driver license or nonoperating identification license, the last four digits of the registrant's social security number.
(c) If the registrant does not have an Arizona driver license or nonoperating identification license or a social security number and the registrant attests to that, a unique identifying number consisting of the registrant's unique identification number to be assigned by the secretary of state in the statewide electronic voter registration database.
13. A statement as to whether or not the registrant is currently registered in another state, county or precinct, and if so, the name, address, county and state of previous registration.
14. The question to the registrant "Are you a citizen of the United States of America?", appropriate boxes for the registrant to check "yes" or "no" and a statement instructing the registrant not to complete the form if the registrant checked "no".
15. The question to the registrant "Will you be eighteen years of age on or before election day?", appropriate boxes for the registrant to check "yes" or "no" and a statement instructing the registrant not to complete the form if the registrant checked "no".
16. A statement that the registrant has not been convicted of treason or a felony, or if so, that the registrant's civil rights have been restored.
17. A statement that the registrant is a resident of this state and of the county in which the registrant is registering.
18. A statement that executing a false registration is a class 6 felony.
19. The signature of the registrant.
20. If the registrant is unable to sign the form, a statement that the affidavit was completed according to the registrant's direction.
21. A statement that if an applicant declines to register to vote, the fact that the applicant has declined to register will remain confidential and will be used only for voter registration purposes.
22. A statement that if an applicant does register to vote, the office at which the applicant submits a voter registration application will remain confidential and will be used only for voter registration purposes.
23. A statement that the applicant shall submit evidence of United States citizenship with the application and that the registrar shall reject the application if no evidence of citizenship is attached.
B. A duplicate voter receipt shall be provided with the form that provides space for the name, street address and city of residence of the applicant, party preference and the date of signing. The voter receipt is evidence of valid registration for the purpose of casting a provisional ballot as prescribed in section 16-584, subsection B.
C. The state voter registration form shall be printed in a form prescribed by the secretary of state.
D. The county recorder may establish procedures to verify whether a registrant has successfully petitioned the court for an injunction against harassment pursuant to section 12-1809 or an order of protection pursuant to section 13-3602 and, if verified, to protect the registrant's residence address, telephone number or voting precinct number, if appropriate, from public disclosure.
E. Subsection A of this section does not apply to registrations received from the department of transportation pursuant to section 16-112.