The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 56th Legislature, 1st Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 56th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session, which convenes in January 2024.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
13-1428 - Sexual extortion; classification; definition
13-1428. Sexual extortion; classification; definition
A. A person commits sexual extortion by knowingly communicating a threat with the intent to coerce another person to do any of the following:
1. Engage in sexual contact or sexual intercourse.
2. Allow the other person's genitals, anus or female breast to be photographed, filmed, videotaped or digitally recorded.
3. Exhibit the other person's genitals, anus or female breast.
B. Sexual extortion is a class 3 felony and the person is not eligible for suspension of sentence, probation, pardon or release from confinement on any basis except as specifically authorized by section 31-233, subsection A or B until the sentence imposed by the court has been served or commuted. If the victim is under fifteen years of age, sexual extortion is a class 2 felony and is punishable pursuant to section 13-705.
C. For the purposes of this section, "communicating a threat" means a threat to do any of the following:
1. Damage the property of the other person.
2. Harm the reputation of the other person.
3. Produce or distribute a photograph, film, videotape or digital recording that depicts the other person engaging in sexual contact or sexual intercourse or the exhibition of the other person's genitals, anus or female breast.