The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 54th Legislature, 1st Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 54th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session, which convenes in January 2020.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
In this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. "Employee" means an officer or employee of this state or any of its departments, commissions, agencies or boards. Employee includes employees and officers of community college districts, school districts and counties of this state and law enforcement officers of a city or town but does not include officers or employees of a municipal corporation established for the purpose of reclamation and distribution of water and the generation of electricity.
2. "Former employee" means an employee who was dismissed.
3. "Law enforcement officer" has the same meaning prescribed in section 38-1101.
4. "Personnel action" means:
(c) Disciplinary or corrective action.
(d) Detail, transfer or reassignment.
(e) Suspension, demotion or dismissal.
(i) Performance evaluation.
(j) Decision concerning pay, benefits or awards.
(k) Elimination of the employee's position without a reduction in force by reason of lack of monies or work.
(l) Other significant change in duties or responsibilities that is inconsistent with the employee's salary or grade level.
5. "Public body" means the attorney general, the legislature, the governor, a federal, state or local law enforcement agency, the county attorney, the governing board of a community college district or school district, the board of supervisors of a county or an agency director.
6. "Reprisal" means to take a personnel action the result of which is adverse to an employee.