The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 54th Legislature, 1st Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 54th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session, which convenes in January 2020.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
A. At every location where portable electronics insurance is offered to customers, brochures or other written materials must be made available to a prospective customer that:
1. Disclose that portable electronics insurance may provide a duplication of coverage already provided by a customer's homeowner's insurance policy, renter's insurance policy or other source of coverage.
2. State that the enrollment by the customer in a portable electronics insurance policy is not required in order to purchase or lease portable electronics or services.
3. Summarize the material terms of the insurance coverage, including:
(a) The identity of the insurer.
(b) The identity of the supervising entity.
(c) The amount of any applicable deductible and how it is to be paid.
(d) Benefits of the coverage.
(e) Key terms and conditions of the coverage, including whether portable electronics may be repaired or replaced with similar make and model reconditioned or nonoriginal manufacturer parts or equipment.
4. Summarize the process for filing a claim, including a description of how to return portable electronics and the maximum fee applicable in the event the customer fails to comply with any equipment return requirements.
5. State that an enrolled customer may cancel enrollment for coverage under a portable electronics insurance policy at any time and the person paying the premium shall receive a refund or credit of any applicable unearned premium.
B. Portable electronics insurance may be offered on a month to month or other periodic basis as a group or master commercial inland marine policy issued to a vendor of portable electronics for its enrolled customers.
C. Eligibility and underwriting standards for customers electing to enroll in coverage shall be established for each portable electronics insurance program.