The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 55th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 56th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2023.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
15-712.01 - Instruction on dating abuse; definitions
15-712.01. Instruction on dating abuse; definitions
A. A school district that provides instruction in grades seven through twelve may incorporate dating abuse information that is age appropriate into the school district's existing health curriculum for pupils in grades seven through twelve that includes the following components:
1. A definition of dating abuse.
2. The recognition of dating abuse warning signs.
3. The characteristics of healthy relationships.
B. On written request to the principal of the school where a child is enrolled, the parent or guardian of a pupil who is under eighteen years of age shall be permitted to review the dating abuse information instructional materials within a reasonable time after submitting the written request.
C. For the purposes of this section:
1. "Dating abuse" means a pattern of behavior in which one person uses or threatens to use physical, sexual, verbal or emotional abuse to control the person's dating partner.
2. "Dating partner" means any person who is involved in an intimate association with another person that is primarily characterized by the expectation of affectionate involvement and that includes casual, serious and long-term dating partners.