The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 54th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 55th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2021.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
A. A telecommunications fund is established for paying costs incurred in operating the telecommunications program office established pursuant to section 41-712.
B. The fund consists of:
1. Legislative appropriations.
2. Grants, except for otherwise specifically dedicated grants, received for telecommunication operations, consolidation and cost reduction or cost avoidance functions.
3. Monies derived from administering the telecommunications program office.
4. Monies derived from the sale or exchange of telecommunications assets or any assets that may be used to provide telecommunication access.
5. Monies derived from agencies and political subdivisions and other states or their agencies in payment for services provided by the telecommunications program office established pursuant to section 41-712.
C. The department of administration shall administer the fund. All monies in the fund, including subaccounts and private accounts such as the infrastructure investment account, are subject to annual legislative appropriation to the department.
D. In connection with its annual budget request to the legislature, the department shall prepare a report that accounts for all monies deposited in the fund, the sources of the monies received for deposit, the purposes for which the fund monies were used during the preceding fiscal year and the plans for using fund monies during the next fiscal year.
E. Monies in the fund are exempt from the provisions of section 35-190 relating to lapsing of appropriations.