The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 54th Legislature, 1st Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 54th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session, which convenes in January 2020.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
36-2603 - Computerized central database tracking system task force; consultation on electronic prescribing; membership
36-2603. Computerized central database tracking system task force; consultation on electronic prescribing; membership
A. The board shall appoint a task force to help it administer the computerized central database tracking system, to identify educational, outreach and support services to advance medical practitioners' adoption of electronic prescribing of schedule II controlled substances and pharmacy implementation of section 36-2525 and to consult with regarding recommendations for exceptions to the electronic prescribing requirements prescribed in section 36-2525. The chairperson of the board shall chair the task force. The task force shall include the following members:
1. Pharmacists, medical practitioners and other licensed health care providers.
2. Representatives of professional societies and associations for pharmacists, medical practitioners and other licensed health care providers.
3. Representatives of professional licensing boards.
4. Representatives of the Arizona health care cost containment system administration.
5. Representatives of state and federal agencies that have an interest in controlling controlled substances.
6. Criminal prosecutors.
7. Representatives of a health information organization in this state.
B. The task force shall meet to establish the procedures and conditions relating to the release of prescription information pursuant to section 36-2604. The task force shall meet at least once each year and at the call of the chairperson.
C. Task force members serve at the pleasure of the board and are not eligible to receive compensation or reimbursement of expenses.