The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 53rd Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 54th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2019.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
In this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. "Administer" means the direct application of or dispensing or furnishing a prescription medication or a prescription-only device, whether by injection or any other means, to the body of a patient by a health professional or by the health professional's authorized agent at the direction of the health professional.
2. "Aesthetician" has the same meaning prescribed in section 32-501.
3. "Cosmetic purpose" means for the purpose of beautifying, preserving or conferring comeliness, excluding therapeutic massage and manipulations.
4. "Department" means the department of health services.
5. "Directly supervised" means a health professional who is licensed in this state and whose scope of practice allows the supervision supervises the use of a laser or IPL device for cosmetic purposes while the health professional is present at the facility where and when the device is being used.
6. "Indirect supervision" means supervision by a health professional who is licensed in this state, whose scope of practice allows the supervision and who is readily accessible by telecommunication.
7. "IPL device" has the same meaning prescribed in section 32-516.
8. "Laser" has the same meaning prescribed in section 32-516.
9. "Laser technician" means a person who is or has been certified by the department pursuant to its rules and this article.
10. "Registrant" means a person or entity that owns or operates a laser or IPL device for which the application for registration is on file with the department and that is in compliance with department rules.