The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 53rd Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 54th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2019.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
32-1521 - Persons and acts not affected by this chapter
32-1521. Persons and acts not affected by this chapter
This chapter does not apply to:
1. The lawful practice of any other method, system or science of healing by a person licensed under the laws of this state.
2. Any student of naturopathic medicine in the course of taking an approved clinical training program if the student complies with the application requirements of this chapter and pays the required fees. This exemption does not exempt the student from article 3 of this chapter.
3. Any out-of-state physician licensed by another state or country, if in consultation requested by a doctor of naturopathic medicine.
4. A person who is not licensed or certified by the board and who sells food articles to supplement the diet of a person or who sells a natural substance that does not require a prescription.
5. A person who is a graduate of an approved school of naturopathic medicine and has been awarded the degree of doctor of naturopathic medicine and who, in the course of taking an approved internship training program, an approved preceptorship training program or an approved postdoctoral training program under the direct supervision of a physician, complies with the application requirements of this chapter for the training program and pays the required fees. This exemption does not exempt that person from article 3 of this chapter.