The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 55th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 56th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2023.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
In this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. "Affiliate" means an entity which directly or indirectly, through one or more intermediaries, controls, is controlled by or is under common control with the entity specified.
2. "Compensation" means anything of value or any benefit including points, commissions, bonuses, referral fees, loan origination fees and other similar fees but excluding periodic interest resulting from the application of the note rate of interest to the outstanding principal balance remaining unpaid from time to time.
3. "Generally accepted accounting principles" means United States generally accepted accounting principles issued by the financial accounting standards board or the international financial reporting standards issued by the international accounting standards board.
4. "License" means a license issued under this article.
5. "Licensee" means a person licensed under this article.
6. "Mortgage banker" means a person who is not exempt under section 6-942 and who for compensation or in the expectation of compensation either directly or indirectly makes, negotiates or offers to make or negotiate a mortgage banking loan or a mortgage loan.
7. "Mortgage banking loan" means a loan which is funded exclusively from the mortgage banker's own resources, which is directly or indirectly secured by a mortgage or deed of trust or any lien interest on real estate located in this state and which is created with the consent of the owner of the real property. For the purposes of this paragraph, "own resources" means any of the following:
(a) Cash, corporate capital, warehouse credit lines at commercial banks, savings banks or savings and loan associations or other sources that are liability items on the mortgage banker's financial statements for which its assets are pledged.
(b) Correspondent contracts between the mortgage banker and a bank, savings bank, trust company, savings and loan association, credit union, profit sharing or pension trust, consumer lender or insurance company.
(c) The mortgage banker's affiliates' cash, corporate capital, warehouse credit lines at commercial banks or other sources that are liability items on the affiliates' financial statements for which the affiliates' assets are pledged.
8. "Mortgage banking loan closing" means the day by which all documents relating to the mortgage banking loan or mortgage loan have been executed and recorded and all monies have been accounted for.
9. "Mortgage loan" means any loan, other than a mortgage banking loan, secured by a mortgage or deed of trust or any lien interest on real estate located in this state and created with the consent of the owner of the real estate.