The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 55th Legislature, 1st Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 55th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session, which convenes in January 2022.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
In this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. "Affiliate" means an entity which directly or indirectly, through one or more intermediaries, controls, is controlled by or is under common control with the entity specified.
2. "Commercial mortgage broker" means a person who for compensation or in the expectation of compensation either directly or indirectly makes, negotiates or offers to make or negotiate a commercial mortgage loan.
3. "Commercial mortgage loan" means a loan that is directly or indirectly secured by a mortgage or deed of trust or any lien interest on commercial property and that is created with the consent of the owner of the commercial property.
4. "Commercial property" means real property that is not a residential dwelling of one to four units.
5. "Compensation" means anything of value or any benefit, including points, commissions, bonuses, referral fees, loan origination fees and other similar fees but excluding periodic interest resulting from the application of the note rate of interest to the outstanding principal balance remaining unpaid from time to time.
6. "Continuing education unit" means a fifty minute period of time in a continuing education course that relates to the mortgage industry or to mortgage transactions, including courses taken to maintain recognized industry designations.
7. "Generally accepted accounting principles" means United States generally accepted accounting principles issued by the financial accounting standards board or the international financial reporting standards issued by the international accounting standards board.
8. "Investor" means a person who lends or invests money in mortgage loans.
9. "License" means a license issued under this article.
10. "Licensee" means a person licensed under this article.
11. "Loan originator" has the same meaning prescribed in section 6-991.
12. "Mortgage broker" means a person who is not exempt under section 6-902 and who for compensation or in the expectation of compensation either directly or indirectly makes, negotiates or offers to make or negotiate a mortgage loan.
13. "Mortgage loan" means a loan secured by a mortgage or deed of trust or any lien interest on real estate located in this state created with the consent of the owner of the real estate.
14. "Mortgage loan closing" means the day by which all documents relating to the mortgage loan have been executed and recorded and all monies have been accounted for under the terms of the escrow instructions.
15. "Residential mortgage loan" means a mortgage loan that has security in the form of a residential dwelling of one to four units.