The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 54th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 55th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2021.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
In this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. "Authority" means the water infrastructure finance authority of Arizona.
2. "Board" means the board of directors of the Arizona finance authority established by title 41, chapter 53, article 2.
3. "Bonds of a political subdivision" means bonds issued by a political subdivision as authorized by law.
4. "Clean water act" means the federal water pollution control act amendments of 1972 (P.L. 92-500; 86 Stat. 816), as amended by the water quality act of 1987 (P.L. 100-4; 101 Stat. 7).
5. "Drinking water facility" means a community water system or a nonprofit noncommunity water system as defined in the safe drinking water act of 1974 (P.L. 93-523; 88 Stat. 1661; P.L. 95-190; 91 Stat. 1393; P.L. 104-182; 110 Stat. 1613) that is located in this state. For purposes of this chapter, drinking water facility does not include water systems owned by federal agencies.
6. "Financial assistance loan repayment agreement" means an agreement to repay a loan provided to design, construct, acquire, rehabilitate or improve water or wastewater infrastructure, related property and appurtenances or a loan provided to finance a water supply development project.
7. "Indian tribe" means any Indian tribe, band, group or community that is recognized by the United States secretary of the interior and that exercises governmental authority within the limits of any Indian reservation under the jurisdiction of the United States government, notwithstanding the issuance of any patent and including rights-of-way running through the reservation.
8. "Nonpoint source project" means a project designed to implement a certified water quality management plan.
9. "Political subdivision" means a county, city, town or special taxing district authorized by law to construct wastewater treatment facilities, drinking water facilities or nonpoint source projects.
10. "Safe drinking water act" means the federal safe drinking water act of 1974 (P.L. 93-523; 88 Stat. 1661; P.L. 95-190; 91 Stat. 1393; P.L. 104-182; 110 Stat. 1613), as amended in 1996.
11. "Technical assistance loan repayment agreement" means either of the following:
(a) An agreement to repay a loan provided to develop, plan and design water or wastewater infrastructure, related property and appurtenances. The agreement shall be for a term of not more than three years and the maximum amount that may be borrowed is limited to not more than five hundred thousand dollars.
(b) An agreement to repay a loan provided to develop, plan or design a water supply development project.
12. "Wastewater treatment facility" means a treatment works, as defined in section 212 of the clean water act, that is located in this state and that is designed to hold, cleanse or purify or to prevent the discharge of untreated or inadequately treated sewage or other polluted waters for purposes of complying with the clean water act.
13. "Water provider" means any of the following:
(a) A municipal water delivery system as defined in section 42-5301, paragraphs 1 and 3.
(b) A municipal water delivery system as defined in section 42-5301, paragraph 2, which has entered into a partnership with a city, town or county for a water supply augmentation plan.
(c) A county water augmentation authority established under title 45, chapter 11.
(d) A county water authority established under title 45, chapter 13.
(e) An Indian tribe.
(f) A community facilities district as established by title 48, chapter 4.
(g) For purposes of funding from the water supply development revolving fund pursuant to article 3 of this chapter only, a county that enters into an intergovernmental agreement or other formal written agreement with a city, town or other water provider regarding a water supply development project.
14. "Water supply development" means either of the following:
(a) The acquisition of water or rights to or contracts for water to augment the water supply of a water provider, including any environmental or other reviews, permits or plans reasonably necessary for that acquisition.
(b) The development of facilities, including any environmental or other reviews, permits or plans reasonably necessary for those facilities, for any of the following purposes:
(i) Conveyance, storage or recovery of water.
(ii) Reclamation and reuse of water.
(iii) Replenishment of groundwater.