The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 54th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 55th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2021.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
49-1015. Underground storage tank revolving fund; use; purpose
A. The underground storage tank revolving fund is established and shall be administered by the director. Monies in the fund are exempt from lapsing under section 35-190.
B. The fund consists of monies appropriated by the legislature, underground storage tank tax revenues collected and distributed pursuant to section 49-1036, monies obtained from the fees imposed by this chapter and the rules adopted under this chapter and monies reimbursed to the fund by the department. On notice from the director, the state treasurer shall invest and divest monies in the fund as provided by section 35-313, and monies earned from investment shall be credited to the fund.
C. Monies from the fund may be used for the following:
1. To provide state matching monies and to meet other obligations as prescribed by section 9003(h)(7)(B) of the solid waste disposal act (42 United States Code section 6991b(h)(7)(B)).
2. For all the reasonable and necessary costs incurred in taking corrective actions pursuant to section 49-1017 and noncorrective actions pursuant to section 49-1017.02.
3. For the costs of recovering the expenses of corrective actions pursuant to section 49-1017 and noncorrective actions pursuant to section 49-1017.02.
4. To provide reimbursement for eligible costs.
5. For the costs incurred in administering the regulatory requirements of this chapter.
6. To reimburse the department for the reasonable and necessary costs incurred by the department in administering the corrective action requirements of this chapter.
7. To reimburse the department for the reasonable and necessary costs incurred by the department in administering underground storage tank grant programs.
8. To reimburse the department for the reasonable and necessary costs incurred by the department in administering the fund. The department may not pay from the fund any costs, payments or other expenses that result from a contract awarded pursuant to this section unless the contract includes performance standards and contractual penalties for nonperformance or inadequate performance under the contract.
D. The director shall reimburse the fund for any corrective action costs or noncorrective action costs that are paid out of the fund and that are subsequently recovered by the department.
E. Monies in the fund may not be used to implement the water quality assurance revolving fund program pursuant to chapter 2, article 5 of this title.