The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 55th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 56th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2023.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
The section, in carrying out the provisions of the older Americans act of 1965, Public Law 89-73, as amended, shall:
1. Cooperate with the federal commissioner on aging and provide information to the administration on aging, department of health, education and welfare upon request.
2. Assist the department in preparing a state plan for the administration of the state program for the aging which shall set forth the provisions contained in section 303 of the older Americans act of 1965.
3. Serve as a clearing house for information related to state problems of the aged and aging. Gather and disseminate information and conduct hearings, conferences and special studies on problems and programs concerning the aging.
4. Develop plans, conduct and arrange for research and demonstration programs in the field of aging.
5. Provide consultation to counties and subdivisions thereof with respect to local community programs for the aged and aging. Develop, coordinate, and assist other public and private organizations which serve the aging.
6. Prepare, publish and disseminate educational materials dealing with the health and welfare of aged persons. Stimulate public awareness of the problems of the aging by conducting a program of public education and encourage the governor and the legislature to develop programs to deal with such problems.
7. Stimulate more effective use of existing resources and available services for the aged and aging, including coordination of the activities of other state departments, and the collaboration with such departments, agencies or commissions, with county officials and voluntary agencies and with state and local professional associations and societies for the aged and aging.