The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 54th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 55th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2021.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
In this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. "Customer" means a person or entity in whose name telephone or telecommunication services are rendered, as evidenced by a signature on an application or contract for service or by receipt or payment of bills regularly issued in the person's or entity's name.
2. "Emergency telecommunication services" means telecommunication services or systems that use number 911 or a similarly designated telephone number for emergency calls.
3. "Exchange access services" means telephone or telecommunication exchange access lines or channels that provide local access from the premises of a customer to the local telecommunications network to effect the transfer of information.
4. "Prepaid wireless telecommunications service" means wireless services that allow a caller to dial 911 to access the 911 system under a service that is paid for in advance and that is sold in predetermined units or dollars of which the number declines with use in a known amount.
5. "Provider" means any of the following:
(a) A public service corporation that offers telephone or telecommunications services pursuant to title 40 and that provides exchange access services.
(b) A supplier of wireless services.
(c) A supplier of any combination of wire and wireless services.
6. "Wireless services" means a commercial mobile service, as defined by 47 Code of Federal Regulations section 20.3, as amended.