The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 55th Legislature, 1st Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 55th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session, which convenes in January 2022.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
In this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. "Administration" means the Arizona health care cost containment system administration.
2. "Advisory council" means the Arizona state advisory council on the seriously mentally ill.
3. "Children" means persons who are under the age of nineteen years or persons who are under the age of twenty-two years and enrolled in an educational facility.
4. "Clean claim" means a claim that can be processed without obtaining additional information from the service provider or from a third party. Clean claim does not include claims under investigation for fraud or abuse or claims under review for medical necessity.
5. "Director" means the director of the administration.
6. "Regional behavioral health authority" means an organization under contract with the administration to coordinate the delivery of mental health services in a geographically specific service area of the state for eligible persons.
7. "Service provider" means an organization or mental health professional that meets the criteria established by the administration and has a contract with the administration or a regional behavioral health authority.