The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 55th Legislature, 1st Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 55th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session, which convenes in January 2022.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
In this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. "Administration" means the community services administration in the department of economic security.
2. "Domestic violence" means attempting to cause or causing bodily injury to a family or household member or placing a family or household member by threat of force in fear of imminent physical harm.
3. "Domestic violence service provider" means a facility whose primary purpose is to provide services to family or household members who are victims of domestic violence, including:
(a) Shelter for victims of domestic violence.
(b) Domestic violence victim advocacy.
(c) Other support services for domestic violence victims.
4. "Family or household member" means a spouse, a former spouse, a parent, a child or another adult person related by consanguinity or affinity who is residing or has resided or has a child or children in common with the person committing the domestic violence and dependents of such persons.
5. "Fund" means the domestic violence services fund.
6. "Program administrator" means the program administrator of the community services administration in the department of economic security.
7. "Shelter for victims of domestic violence" or "shelter" means a facility providing temporary residential service or facilities to family or household members who are victims of domestic violence.