The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 55th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 56th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2023.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
In this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. "Administration" means the Arizona health care cost containment system administration.
2. "Contractor" means a health plan that contracts with the administration for the provision of hospitalization and medical care to members according to the provisions of this article or a qualifying plan.
3. "Director" means the director of the administration.
4. "Federal poverty level" means the federal poverty level guidelines published annually by the United States department of health and human services.
5. "Health plan" means an entity that contracts with the administration for services provided pursuant to article 1 of this chapter.
6. "Member" means a person who is eligible for and enrolled in the program, who is under nineteen years of age and whose gross household income meets the following requirements:
(a) Beginning on November 1, 1998 through September 30, 1999, has income at or below one hundred fifty per cent of the federal poverty level.
(b) Beginning on October 1, 1999 and for each fiscal year thereafter, has income at or below two hundred per cent of the federal poverty level.
7. "Noncontracting provider" means an entity that provides hospital or medical care but does not have a contract or subcontract with the administration.
8. "Physician" means a person licensed pursuant to title 32, chapter 13 or 17.
9. "Prepaid capitated" means a method of payment by which a contractor delivers health care services for the duration of a contract to a specified number of members based on a fixed rate per member, per month without regard to the number of members who receive care or the amount of health care services provided to a member.
10. "Primary care physician" means a physician who is a family practitioner, general practitioner, pediatrician, general internist, obstetrician or gynecologist.
11. "Primary care practitioner" means a nurse practitioner who is certified pursuant to title 32, chapter 15 or a physician assistant who is licensed pursuant to title 32, chapter 25 and who is acting within the respective scope of practice of those chapters.
12. "Program" means the children's health insurance program.
13. "Qualifying plan" means a contractor that contracts with the state pursuant to section 38-651 to provide health and accident insurance for state employees and that provides services to members pursuant to section 36-2989, subsection A.
14. "Special health care district" means a special health care district organized pursuant to title 48, chapter 31.
15. "Tribal facility" means a facility that is operated by an Indian tribe and that is authorized to provide services pursuant to Public Law 93-638, as amended.