The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 55th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 56th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2023.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
In this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. "Board" means the Arizona state board of pharmacy or its designee.
2. "Dispenser" means a medical practitioner or pharmacy that is authorized to dispense controlled substances.
3. "Licensed health care provider" means a person who is licensed pursuant to title 32, chapter 7, 11, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.1, 25, 29 or 33.
4. "Medical practitioner" means any person who is licensed and authorized by law to use and prescribe drugs and devices to treat sick and injured human beings or to diagnose or prevent sickness in human beings in this state or any state, territory or district of the United States.
5. "Patient utilization report" means all of the following information about a patient that is compiled by the program and disclosed pursuant to section 36-2606:
(a) Controlled substances prescription monitoring program data.
(b) Clinical alerts and other required alerts or indicators.
6. "Person" means an individual, partnership, corporation or association and the person's duly authorized agents.
7. "Program" means the controlled substances prescription monitoring program.