The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 55th Legislature, 1st Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 55th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session, which convenes in January 2022.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
36-2531. Prohibited acts; classification
A. It is unlawful for any person:
1. Who is subject to article 3 of this chapter to intentionally or knowingly distribute or dispense a controlled substance in violation of section 36-2525.
2. Who is a registrant to intentionally or knowingly manufacture a controlled substance not authorized by that person's registration or to intentionally or knowingly distribute or dispense a controlled substance not authorized by that person's registration to another registrant or other authorized person.
3. To intentionally or knowingly refuse or fail to make, keep or furnish any record, notification, order form, statement, invoice or information required under this chapter.
4. To intentionally or knowingly refuse entry into any premises for any inspection authorized by this chapter.
5. To knowingly dispense or deliver anabolic steroids without a written prescription or for a nontherapeutic use.
6. To intentionally or knowingly sell, buy, exchange or give away any preparation subject to section 36-2516 or the rules adopted pursuant to section 36-2516, unless the preparation is to be used for a legitimate medical purpose and in compliance with this chapter.
B. Notwithstanding any other law, any person who violates any provision of subsection A of this section is guilty of a class 4 felony.
C. It is unlawful for any person intentionally or knowingly:
1. To distribute as a registrant a controlled substance classified in schedule I or II, except pursuant to an order form as required by section 36-2524.
2. To furnish false or fraudulent material information in, or omit any material information from, any application, report or other document required to be kept or filed under this chapter or any record required to be kept by this chapter.
D. A person who violates any provision of subsection C of this section is guilty of a class 4 felony.
E. A person shall not provide a false prescription for a controlled substance or knowingly or intentionally acquire or obtain possession of a controlled substance by means of forgery, fraud, deception or subterfuge, including the forgery or falsification of a prescription or the nondisclosure of a material fact. A person who violates this subsection is guilty of a class 4 felony.
F. Controlled substances, vehicles and items used or intended for use in violation of this chapter are subject to seizure and forfeiture in the manner provided in title 13, chapter 39.