The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 55th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 56th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2023.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
In this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. "Construction" means building, erection, fabrication or installation.
2. "Coordinating medical provider" means a physician or group of physicians, or any combination thereof, which has entered into an agreement with a county, incorporated city or town, health service district or the department to supervise the medical care offered at a medical clinic, as defined by this section.
3. "Department" means the department of health services.
4. "Health service district" means a health service district established pursuant to title 48, chapter 16, article 1.
5. "Hospital" means a health care institution licensed as a hospital pursuant to chapter 4, article 2 of this title.
6. "Medical clinic" means a facility, whether mobile or stationary, which provides ambulatory medical care in a medically-underserved area through the employment of physicians, professional nurses, physician assistants or other health care technical and paraprofessional personnel.
7. "Physician" means a physician licensed pursuant to title 32, chapter 13, 14 or 17.