The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 55th Legislature, 1st Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 55th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session, which convenes in January 2022.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
36-2213. Regulation of air ambulance services
The director shall adopt rules to establish minimum standards for the operation of air ambulance services that are necessary to assure the public health and safety. The director may use the current standards adopted by the commission on accreditation of air medical services. Each rule shall reference the specific authority from this chapter under which the rule was formulated. The rules shall provide for the department to do the following:
1. Establish standards and requirements relating to at least the following:
(a) Medical control plans. These plans shall conform to the standards adopted pursuant to section 36-2204, paragraph 9.
(b) Qualifications of the medical director of the air ambulance services.
(c) Operation of only those air ambulances registered pursuant to section 36-2212 and licensed pursuant to title 28, chapter 25.
2. Establish response times and operation times to assure that the health and safety needs of the public are met.
3. Establish standards for emergency medical dispatch training, including prearrival instruction. For the purposes of this paragraph, "emergency medical dispatch" means the receipt of calls requesting emergency medical services and the response of appropriate resources to the appropriate location.
4. Require the filing of run log information.
5. Issue, transfer, suspend or revoke air ambulance service licenses under terms and conditions consistent with this chapter. These rules shall be consistent for all ambulance services.
6. Investigate the operation of an air ambulance service including a person operating an ambulance that has not been issued a certificate of registration and conduct on-site investigations of facilities communications equipment, vehicles, procedures, materials and equipment.
7. Prescribe the terms of the air ambulance service license.
8. Prescribe the criteria for the air ambulance service license inspection process and for determining an air ambulance service's compliance with licensure requirements. The director shall accept proof that an air ambulance service is accredited by the commission on accreditation of air medical services in lieu of all licensing inspections required if the director receives a copy of the air ambulance service's accreditation report.