The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 55th Legislature, 1st Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 55th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session, which convenes in January 2022.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
In this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. "Advance practice provider" means a physician assistant as defined in section 32-2501 or a registered nurse practitioner as defined in section 32-1601.
2. "Behavioral health provider" means a physician who is a board-certified or board-eligible psychiatrist, a psychologist, a physician assistant or a registered nurse practitioner who is certified to practice as a behavioral health specialist or a person who is licensed pursuant to title 32 as a clinical social worker, professional counselor or marriage and family therapist.
3. "Department" means the department of health services.
4. "Pharmacist" has the same meaning prescribed in section 32-1901.
5. "Rural" means either of the following:
(a) A county with a population of less than four hundred thousand persons according to the most recent United States decennial census.
(b) A census county division with less than fifty thousand persons in a county with a population of four hundred thousand or more persons according to the most recent United States decennial census.