The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 55th Legislature, 1st Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 55th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session, which convenes in January 2022.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
In this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. "Clinical investigation" means activity conducted for the purpose of developing, refining or training in the process of in vitro fertilization for the treatment of human infertility, including experiments, investigations, clinical trials, and the development of new technology. Clinical investigation does not include human somatic cell nuclear transfer.
2. "Egg" means an oocyte or egg cell of a human female.
3. "Egg donor" means a woman who provides or agrees to provide her eggs for purposes other than her own impregnation with those eggs.
4. "Human somatic cell nuclear transfer" has the same meaning prescribed in section 35-196.04.
5. "Physician" means a person who is licensed pursuant to title 32, chapter 13 or 17.
6. "Purchase" includes providing any cash, in-kind payment or other valuable financial or nonfinancial consideration.