The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 55th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 56th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2023.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
36-1421 - Cooperation of state public body with housing project
36-1421. Cooperation of state public body with housing project
A. For the purpose of aiding and cooperating in planning, undertaking, constructing or operating housing projects located within the area in which it is authorized to act, any state public body, with or without consideration and upon such terms as it determines, may:
1. Dedicate, sell, convey or lease any of its interest in any property or grant easements, licenses or any other rights or privileges therein to any public housing authority, city, town or county or to the federal government.
2. Cause parks, playgrounds, recreational, community, educational, water, sewer or drainage facilities, or any other works which it is otherwise empowered to undertake to be furnished adjacent to or in connection with housing projects.
3. Furnish, dedicate, close, pave, install, grade, regrade, plan or replan streets, roads, roadways, alleys, sidewalks or other places which it is otherwise empowered to undertake.
4. Cause services to be furnished for housing projects of the character which such state public body is otherwise empowered to furnish.
5. Enter into agreements with respect to the exercise by the state public body of its powers relating to the repair, elimination or closing of unsafe, unsanitary or unfit dwellings.
6. Do any and all things necessary or convenient to aid and cooperate in the planning, undertaking, construction or operation of such housing projects.
7. Incur the entire expense of any public improvements made by the state public body in exercising the powers granted by this article.
8. Enter into agreements, which may extend over any period, any provision or rule of law to the contrary notwithstanding, with any public housing authority, city, town or county or authority as agent, respecting action to be taken by the state public body pursuant to any of the powers granted by this article.
B. Notwithstanding any law to the contrary, a sale, conveyance, lease or agreement provided for by this section may be made by a state public body without appraisal, public notice, advertisement or public bidding.