The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 55th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 56th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2023.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
In this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. "Department" means the department of health services.
2. "Director" means the director of the department of health services.
3. "Hearing evaluation services" means services which include the identification, testing, evaluation and initiation of follow-up services as defined in the rules and regulations of the department, as provided by section 36-899.03.
4. "Hearing screening evaluation" means the evaluation of the ability to hear certain frequencies at a consistent loudness.
5. "Private education program" means all programs of private education offering courses of study for grades, kindergarten through the twelfth grade of high school.
6. "Public education program" means all kindergarten, primary and secondary programs of education within the public school system, including but not beyond the twelfth grade of common or high school.