The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 55th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 56th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2023.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
36-883.02. Child care personnel; fingerprints; exemptions; definition
A. Except as provided in subsection B of this section, child care personnel, including volunteers, shall submit the form prescribed in subsection C of this section to the employer and shall have valid fingerprint clearance cards issued pursuant to section 41-1758.07 before starting employment or volunteer work.
B. Exempt from the fingerprinting requirements of subsection A of this section are parents, including foster parents and guardians, who are not employees of the child care facility and who participate in activities with their children under the supervision of and in the presence of child care personnel.
C. Applicants, licensees and child care personnel shall attest on forms that are provided by the department that:
1. They are not awaiting trial on or have never been convicted of or admitted in open court or pursuant to a plea agreement committing any of the offenses listed in section 41-1758.07, subsection B in this state or similar offenses in another state or jurisdiction.
2. They are not parents or guardians of a child adjudicated to be a dependent child as defined in section 8-201.
3. They have not been denied or had revoked a certificate to operate a child care group home or a license to operate a child care facility in this or any other state or that they have not been denied or had revoked a certification to work in a child care facility or child care group home.
D. Employers of child care personnel shall make documented, good faith efforts to contact previous employers of child care personnel to obtain information or recommendations that may be relevant to an individual's fitness for employment in a child care facility.
E. The forms required by subsection C of this section are confidential.
F. A child care facility shall not allow a person to be employed or volunteer in the facility in any capacity if the person has been denied a fingerprint clearance card pursuant to section 41-1758.07 or has not received an interim approval from the board of fingerprinting pursuant to section 41-619.55, subsection I.
G. The employer shall notify the department of public safety if the employer receives credible evidence that any child care personnel either:
1. Is arrested for or charged with an offense listed in section 41-1758.07, subsection B.
2. Falsified information on the form required by subsection C of this section.
H. For the purposes of this section, "child care personnel" means any employee or volunteer working at a child care facility.