The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 55th Legislature, 1st Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 55th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session, which convenes in January 2022.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
In this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. "Bioterrorism" means the intentional use of any microorganism, virus, infectious substance or biological product that may be engineered as a result of biotechnology or any naturally occurring or bioengineered component of any microorganism, virus, infectious substance or biological product, to cause or attempt to cause death, disease or other biological malfunction in humans.
2. "Director" means the director of the department of health services.
3. "Health care provider" has the same meaning prescribed in section 12-2291.
4. "Local health authority" means a county health department or public health services district or any person authorized to act on behalf of the county health department or public health services district.
5. "Public safety authority" means the department of public safety, a local law enforcement agency or a person authorized to act on behalf of the department of public safety or local law enforcement agency.