The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 55th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 56th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2023.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
In this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. "Certified community health worker" means a community health worker to whom the department has issued a certificate to practice as a certified community health worker in this state.
2. "Community health worker" means a nonmedical health worker who serves as a liaison for health and community service providers and enrollees to facilitate access to services and improve the quality of service delivery, including the coordination of services to improve medical and behavioral health outcomes.
3. "Department" means the department of health services.
4. "Director" means the director of the department.
5. "Practice as a certified community health worker" means a community health worker's application of the education, training and experience in the core competencies to effectively provide services to the communities and populations that the community health worker serves through one or more of the community health worker's roles.