The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 55th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 56th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2023.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
36-495.09 - Suspension, revocation or denial of license; hearing
<!Creation Date: 09/16/22>
<!Author: Arizona Legislative Council>
36-495.09. Suspension, revocation or denial of license; hearing
A. Pursuant to title 41, chapter 6, article 10, the director may deny, revoke or suspend the license of a laboratory if its owners, officers, agents or employees do any of the following:
1. Violate this chapter or rules adopted pursuant to this chapter.
2. Issue or cause to be issued a report on environmental laboratory work performed in another laboratory without designating the name and address of the laboratory that performed the work.
3. Commit a felony under the laws of any state or of the United States arising out of or in connection with the operation of a laboratory. The record of conviction or a certified copy is conclusive evidence of conviction.
4. Knowingly aid, permit or abet the submission of false or inaccurate information required by this chapter or rules adopted pursuant to this chapter.
5. Violate the requirements for licensure of the laboratory pursuant to this chapter.
B. If the director reasonably believes that a violation of subsection A, paragraph 5 of this section has occurred and that the life or safety of the public is immediately affected, on written notice to the owner or director of the laboratory, the director may order the immediate termination of specific testing services, procedures or practices.
C. Except as provided in subsection B of this section and section 41-1092.11, subsection B, the director shall not suspend, revoke or deny a license without affording the licensee notice and an opportunity for a hearing as provided in title 41, chapter 6, article 10.
D. A person whose application for a license is denied by the director or who has been ordered pursuant to subsection B of this section to immediately terminate specific services, procedures or practices, at any time within thirty days after notice of the denial or order, may request in writing a hearing before the director or a person designated by the director to review the director's action. The hearing shall be held within thirty days after the written request.
E. All hearings shall be held in accordance with title 41, chapter 6, article 10.