The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 55th Legislature, 1st Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 55th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session, which convenes in January 2022.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
A. This chapter does not apply to an environmental laboratory in this state that is:
1. Certified or designated by the United States environmental protection agency as the laboratory that provides analytical services to this state required for the delegation of primary enforcement responsibility under a federal law or regulation administered by that agency.
2. Operated by the Arizona department of agriculture or the department of health services.
3. Performing only compliance testing of parameters that require analysis at the time of sample collection as long as the testing methodologies employed are approved by the director of the department of health services or the department of environmental quality.
4. Licensed to perform those analyses for which it is licensed or certified by another agency of this state.
5. Accredited by a national voluntary laboratory accreditation program administered by the national institute of standards and technology and approved by the department.
B. In addition to the exemptions established in subsection A of this section, the director of the department of health services may also exempt by rule certain classes of environmental laboratories and types of compliance testing, parameters and methods, if the director determines that the exemptions will not adversely affect the public health or the environment. The rules shall be developed in cooperation with the director of the department of environmental quality and the director of the Arizona department of agriculture.