The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 54th Legislature, 1st Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 54th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session, which convenes in January 2020.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
(L16, Ch. 62, sec. 7. Eff. until 7/1/20)
In this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. "Agency pool participant" means a subdivision or an entity of a subdivision that has monies maintained by the treasurer and that has the authority to draw negotiable instruments on the treasurer or make other disbursements from monies that the treasurer holds for the subdivision or entity.
2. "Board of deposit" means, in the case of a county, the board of supervisors, and in the case of a city or town, the common council.
3. "Capital structure" means the amount of the capital of the eligible depository shown by the latest call statement of condition as defined by rule of the superintendent of financial institutions for the purpose of administration of this article.
4. "Collecting entity" means the entity from which the treasurer receives general funding including the county for collections performed by a county treasurer, the city for collections performed by a city treasurer or the district for collections performed by a district treasurer.
5. "Eligible depository" means any:
(a) Commercial or savings bank or savings and loan association having either a branch in this state or its principal place of business in this state and insured by the federal deposit insurance corporation or its successor or any other insuring instrumentality of the United States according to the applicable federal law.
(b) Credit union that is insured by the national credit union administration or its successor.
6. "Involuntary pool participant" means a subdivision that only receives the principal ratio of the monies collected, for which the principal monies are mandated to be distributed on a specific date and for which the interest earned on the monies between the time of collection and other statutory requirements reverts to the general fund of the collecting entity.
7. "Permissible rate of interest" means a rate of interest that an eligible financial institution is permitted to pay by state or federal law or valid state rules or federal regulations.
8. "Public deposit" means public monies deposited in an eligible depository pursuant to this article.
9. "Public monies" includes subdivision monies.
10. "State monies" means all monies in the treasury of this state or coming lawfully into the possession or custody of the state treasurer.
11. "Subdivision" means any county, noncharter city or town. Cities governed by charter have the option of operating under this article.
12. "Subdivision monies" means all monies in the treasury of a subdivision or coming lawfully into the possession or custody of the treasurer.
13. "Treasurer" includes the treasurer or officer exercising the functions of treasurer of any subdivision but excludes the state treasurer.
14. "Trust funds" means those monies entrusted to a public body or official for preservation and investment, as prescribed by the instrument establishing such funds.