The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 53rd Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 54th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2019.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
In this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. "Action" includes recoupment, counterclaim, setoff, suit in equity and any other proceeding in which rights are determined, including an action for possession.
2. "Appurtenances" means awnings, sheds, porches and other attachments to the recreational vehicle.
3. "Change in use" means a change in the use of land from the rental of recreational vehicle spaces in a recreational vehicle park to some other use.
4. "Compatible" means a recreational vehicle that is in a similar condition as the majority of the other recreational vehicles in the recreational vehicle park, as determined by the maintenance, condition and overall appearance of the recreational vehicle.
5. "Factory-built building" means a residential or nonresidential building, including a dwelling unit or habitable room of the building, that is either wholly or in substantial part manufactured at an off-site location to be assembled on site, except that it does not include a manufactured home, recreational vehicle or mobile home as defined in section 41-4001.
6. "Good faith" means honesty in fact in the conduct or transaction concerned.
7. "Guest" means a nonresident of a recreational vehicle park, over and above the limit set for the resident's space under the terms of the rental agreement or by park rules, who stays at the home of a person with constructive possession of the home with the consent of the resident for one or more nights and not more than fourteen days in any twelve month period.
8. "Landlord" means:
(a) The owner, lessor, sublessor or operator, or any combination of these persons, of a recreational vehicle park.
(b) A manager of the premises.
9. "Mobile home" means either of the following:
(a) A residential structure that was manufactured on or before June 15, 1976, that is transportable in one or more sections, eight feet or more in body width, over thirty feet in body length with the hitch, built on an integral chassis, designed to be used as a dwelling when connected to the required utilities and not originally sold as a travel trailer or recreational vehicle and that includes the plumbing, heating, air conditioning and electrical systems in the structure.
(b) A manufactured home built after June 15, 1976, originally bearing an appropriate insignia of approval issued by the United States department of housing and urban development.
10. "Mobile home park" means any parcel of land that contains four or more mobile home spaces and two or more recreational vehicle spaces.
11. "Mobile home space" means a parcel of land for rent that has been designed to accommodate a mobile home and provide the required sewer and utility connections.
12. "Notice" means delivery by hand or mailed by registered or certified mail to the last known address of the landlord or tenant. If notice is mailed by registered or certified mail, the landlord or tenant is deemed to have received the notice on the date the notice is actually received or five days after the date the notice is mailed, whichever occurs first.
13. "Organization" includes a corporation, government, governmental subdivision or agency, business trust, estate, trust, partnership or association, two or more persons having a joint or common interest and any other legal or commercial entity that is a landlord, owner, manager or designated agent.
14. "Owner" means one or more persons, jointly or severally, in whom is vested all or part of the legal title to property or all or part of the beneficial ownership and a right to present use and enjoyment of the premises. Owner includes a mortgagee in possession.
15. "Person" includes a company, partnership or firm as well as a natural person.
16. "Premises" means the recreational vehicle park and existing facilities and appurtenances in the park, including furniture and utilities, if applicable, and grounds, areas and existing facilities held out for the use of tenants generally or whose use is promised to the tenant.
17. "Prospective tenant" means a person who expresses an interest to a landlord in becoming a tenant.
18. "Recreational vehicle" means a vehicular type unit that is any of the following:
(a) A portable camping trailer mounted on wheels and constructed with collapsible partial sidewalls that fold for towing by another vehicle and unfold for camping.
(b) A motor home designed to provide temporary living quarters for recreational, camping or travel use and built on or permanently attached to a self-propelled motor vehicle chassis or on a chassis cab or van that is an integral part of the completed vehicle.
(c) A park trailer or park model built on a single chassis, mounted on wheels or originally mounted on wheels and from which the wheels have been removed and designed to be connected to utilities necessary for operation of installed fixtures and appliances and has a gross trailer area of not less than three hundred twenty square feet and not more than four hundred square feet when it is set up, except that it does not include fifth wheel trailers.
(d) A travel trailer mounted on wheels, designed to provide temporary living quarters for recreational, camping or travel use and of a size or weight that may or may not require special highway movement permits when towed by a motorized vehicle and that has a trailer area of less than three hundred twenty square feet. This subdivision includes fifth wheel trailers. If a unit requires a size or weight permit, it shall be manufactured to the standards for park trailers in section A 119.5 of the American national standards institute code.
(e) A portable truck camper constructed to provide temporary living quarters for recreational, camping or travel use and consisting of a roof, floor and sides designed to be loaded onto and unloaded from the bed of a pickup truck.
19. "Recreational vehicle space" means a parcel of land for rent that has been designed to accommodate a recreational vehicle and provide the required sewer and utility connections.
20. "Rent" means payments to be made to the landlord or designated agent in full consideration for the rented premises.
21. "Rental agreement" means oral or written leases or agreements and valid rules embodying the terms and conditions concerning the use and occupancy of a recreational vehicle space.
22. "Resident" means a person entitled under a rental agreement to occupy a recreational vehicle space to the exclusion of others.
23. "Security deposit" means money or property given to assure payment or performance under a rental agreement.
24. "Tenant" means a person signing a rental agreement or otherwise agreeing with a landlord for the occupancy of a recreational vehicle space for more than one hundred eighty days.
25. "Visitor" means a nonresident of a recreational vehicle park who stays at the home of a resident with the consent of the resident but does not stay overnight.