The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 53rd Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 54th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2019.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
In this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. "Community documents" means condominium documents as defined in section 33-1202 or community documents as defined in section 33-1802, including covenants, conditions and restrictions and deed restrictions applicable to the dwelling.
2. "Dwelling" means a newly constructed single family or multifamily unit designed for residential use and property and improvements that are either owned by a homeowners' association or jointly by all of the members of a homeowners' association. Dwelling includes the systems, other components and improvements that are part of a newly constructed single family or multifamily unit at the time of construction.
3. "Good faith" means honesty in fact in the conduct or transaction concerned.
4. "Homeowners' association" means an association as defined in section 33-1202 or 33-1802.
5. "Homeowners' association dwelling action" means any action involving a construction defect as defined in section 12-1361 filed by a homeowners' association against the seller of a dwelling arising out of or related to the design, construction, condition or sale of the dwelling.
6. "Seller" means any of the following:
(a) Any person, firm, partnership, corporation, association or other organization that is engaged in the business of building or selling dwellings.
(b) Any person, firm, partnership, corporation, association or other organization that performs functions relating to or furnishes the design, specifications, surveying, planning, supervising, testing, constructing or observation of the constructing of a dwelling.
(c) A real estate broker or salesperson as defined in section 32-2101.