The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 53rd Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 54th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2019.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
33-1451. Tenant to maintain mobile home space; notice of vacating; clearance for removal; criminal violation
A. A tenant of a mobile home space shall exercise diligence to maintain that part of the premises that the tenant has rented in as good condition as when the tenant took possession and shall:
1. Comply with all obligations primarily imposed on tenants by applicable provisions of city, county and state codes materially affecting health and safety.
2. Keep that part of the premises that the tenant occupies and uses as clean and safe as the condition of the premises permits.
3. Dispose from the tenant's mobile home space all rubbish, garbage and other waste in a clean and safe manner as prescribed by park rules.
4. Not deliberately or negligently destroy, deface, damage, impair or remove any part of the premises or knowingly permit any person to do so.
5. Conduct himself and require other persons on the premises with the tenant's consent to conduct themselves in a manner that will not disturb the tenant's neighbors' peaceful enjoyment of the premises.
6. Inform the landlord or manager of the mobile home park at least thirty days before the expiration of the rental agreement that the agreement will not be renewed by the tenant and that the premises will be vacated. If timely notice is not given prior to moving from the mobile home space, the tenant is responsible for rent equal to an amount consistent with the applicable notice period.
B. A tenant shall not remove a mobile home from a mobile home space unless the tenant has received from the landlord a clearance for removal showing that all monies due the landlord as of the date of removal have been paid or that the landlord and tenant have otherwise agreed to the removal. The landlord shall not interfere with the removal of a mobile home for any reason other than nonpayment of monies due as of the date of removal even if the term of the rental agreement has not expired.
C. A person shall not enter a mobile home park and begin work on the removal of a mobile home from a mobile home park without first satisfying the requirements for a clearance for removal as prescribed in section 33-1485.01. A person who has not satisfied the requirements for a clearance for removal as prescribed in section 33-1485.01 and who refuses to leave and remove their removal equipment from the mobile home park on request from the landlord commits criminal trespass in the third degree pursuant to section 13-1502. This subsection does not apply if the landlord refuses to provide the clearance for removal if the requirements in section 33-1485.01 are satisfied.