The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 55th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 56th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2023.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
In this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. "Board" means the board of certified reporters.
2. "Certification" means a standard certificate that is issued by the board to a person who meets the requirements of sections 32-4021 and 32-4022 and does not include a temporary certificate.
3. "Certified reporter" means a person who is certified by the board and who records and transcribes a verbatim record in any sworn proceeding by means of written symbols or abbreviations in shorthand, machine writing or voice writing.
4. "Certify" means board authorization to engage in activities regulated by the board.
5. "Report" means to stenographically or by voice writing record and transcribe sworn proceedings.
6. "Voice writing" means the making of a verbatim record of the spoken word by means of repeating the words of the speaker into a device that is capable of digital translation into text.