The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 55th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 56th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2023.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
32-3423 - Application for licensure; qualifications
32-3423. Application for licensure; qualifications
A. An applicant for licensure as an occupational therapist or as an occupational therapy assistant shall:
1. Successfully complete the academic and fieldwork requirements of an educational program subject to board review and standards prescribed by the board. The board shall require:
(a) For an occupational therapist, a minimum of nine hundred twenty-eight hours of supervised fieldwork experience as determined by the supervising institution, organization or sponsor.
(b) For an occupational therapy assistant, a minimum of six hundred eight hours of supervised fieldwork experience as determined by the supervising institution, organization or sponsor.
2. Pass an examination administered pursuant to section 32-3424.
3. Complete the application process and pay all fees required pursuant to this chapter.
B. The board may deny a license to an applicant who:
1. Commits a felony, whether or not involving moral turpitude, or a misdemeanor involving moral turpitude. In either case conviction by a court of competent jurisdiction is conclusive evidence of the commission.
2. Engages in any conduct that violates section 32-3401.
C. An applicant who is denied a license may request a hearing pursuant to title 41, chapter 6, article 10.